There is nothing quite as enjoyable as a decent evening out at a fine restaurant, but this can quickly be ruined with poor service.
What a lot of people don’t realize is it’s pretty simple to make sure you receive top-notch service at your favorite restaurant.
Here are a few tips to ensure your evening goes as planned.
1) Make sure you make a reservation a few days in advance. This is particularly true in case you are seeking a romantic evening as it enables you to request a quiet table in case one is available.
2) While making the request in advance, let the restaurant VIP Airport Lounge know about any specific needs so they can appropriately accommodate them.
Whether it is wheelchair access, allergy specifications or you want to surprise someone for their birthday or an anniversary, calling ahead gives the restaurant time to plan.
3) When you get to the restaurant (make sure you show up on time for your reservation), it is imperative you treat the waiter or waitress as you might want to be treated.
While it is YOUR evening out, respect goes both ways. By keeping the demands to a minimum and being polite and courteous to your server, you will find they return the favor with quality service.
4) It is equally important you are under your best behavior when out and about. Regardless of what kind of setting the restaurant may have, there is no space for being uproarious and obnoxious. All this will do is further irritate those around you and the one taking care of you for the evening.
5) If you find throughout the meal that the server has done a professional and timely work, go ahead and compliment them. Make it simple and kind as this will give them a little reassurance that what they are doing is working.
In return, you will find they put their focus on your table to ensure the night goes as well as possible.
6) As the evening winds down, don’t be afraid to leave a generous tip if the server is deserving of it. In case it was an enjoyable dinner with quality service, chances are you will come back at some point. Leaving an above average tip can come back to benefit you down the road.
7) The final thing to keep in mind when seeking quality service during your restaurant experience is regulars are always rewarded.
This is particularly true in the event that you have followed all of the tips listed above as servers, managers and the restaurant in general will make a special effort to accommodate all of your needs.